Lens color is a personal choice and doesn't affect how well sunglass lenses protect your eyes from UV light. All of our sunglasses provide 100% UV protection against harmful ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) rays. Colored lenses are also used in mood enhancing color-therapy, otherwise known as chromotherapy.
Articles in this section
- Do you have impact-resistant frames and lenses?
- Do you recommend different products for different activities (like driving, indoors/outdoors, sports, etc.)?
- Does lens color inform the level of protection?
- What are mirror-coated lenses?
- What are polarized lenses?
- What is the difference between progressive and bifocal lenses?
- What are transition lenses? Should I get transition lenses?
- What are bluelight (or HEV light) lenses?
- Do I need an anti-reflection coating on my lenses?
- What options are available for reading frames?